maandag 21 februari 2011

Hopkins on atheism

Uit een interview met Anthony Hopkins (hoofdrolspeler in o.m. The Silence of the Lambs, The Remains of the Day, Shadowlands, The Rite) in de Catholic Herald:
Being an atheist must be like living in a closed cell with no windows. [...] I’d hate to live like that, wouldn’t you? We see them, mind you, on television today, many brilliant people who are professional atheists who say they know for a fact that it’s insanity to have a God or to believe in religion. Well, OK, God bless them for feeling that way and I hope they’re happy. [...] But I couldn’t live with that certainty, and I wonder about some of them: why are they protesting so much? How are they so sure of what is out there? And who am I to refute the beliefs of so many great philosophers and martyrs all the way down the years?”

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten