donderdag 22 december 2011

"I am happy to trust the pope to take the decision"

Ian Hellyer, anglicaans priester met negen (9) kinderen, wordt katholiek en blijft, in het nieuwe Ordinariaat, priester. Hier een interview met hem in The Guardian.
Eén alinea is het citeren waard: Hellyer beschikt over een sensus fidei waar de gemiddelde hedendaagse theoloog en 'ongehoorzame priester' jaloers op kunnen zijn:
Ian agrees that, yes, in a church whose leaders have little direct experience of family life, he perhaps does have another perspective to offer – but he is modest about whether an example like his could prompt the Vatican to rethink its rules on celibacy. "I'm happy to be a good witness of how the married priesthood could work, but I don't have a sense that raising it as an issue is my calling in the church." he says. "I'm happy to trust the pope to take the decision."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten